New Digital Scale

My nifty new digital scale says my weight is 201.8. At first, this discouraged me. I was so excited the other day about weighing in under 200 pounds for the first time since at least 2005. I admit, my first impulse was to lie. I thought, "Well, I could adjust for my previous readings and call this 196. But wait, do I really know I lost my pound since yesterday?" I have learned by experience that when I make a mistake (or when I get more accurate data) the least painful way is to admit the error as soon as possible. That way, I can move forward from there.

On the bright side, this means I get to celebrate going under 200 all over again in a few days! Besides, I am still 5 pounds lighter than I was 5 days ago, and that is most of the point. My ankles still hurt sometimes after our evening walk, but I don't have to sit down for them hurting while vacuuming or shopping, the way I used to. My headaches are all but gone. I had the ghost of a headache the other day, but my next meal relieved it.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast of Special K, soy milk, strawberries and black unsweetened coffee

Lunch of cubed ham, cooked carrots and canned green beans with 2 cans of Diet Coke

Dinner of 7 meatballs, excess fat pressed out with a paper towel, 2 tablespoons of pineapple habanero sauce, steamed broccoli and 20 ounces of Walmart sparkling lemonade / cherry limeade mixed

I got lots of exercise yesterday. In addition to our one-mile evening walk we shopped at four different stores. I was walking for a total of about 5 hours yesterday. We saw scales that keep track of your last 12 weigh-ins and measure your body mass index with electrical current. We didn't get one of those, though. We got a simple digital scale with a red, 1-inch display. As per Dr. Tarnower's book, I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after I use the toilet but before I shower. I remove everything possible before I weigh. This way I get the lowest possible weight for the day. This means I don't have my glasses on. The needle on the mechanical bathroom scale we had before was getting really difficult to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!