Dinner Party

Today I weigh 188, a .8 gain from yesterday. I hold out hope most of it is water from salt, but in any case it is just a bump in the road. It is worth it! We had a great time with our new friends at their dinner party last night.

We walked our mile yesterday before the dinner party. I stuck to my diet for breakfast and lunch, and I took it easy at dinner. I was off caffeine yesterday because I had some trouble with my bowels in the morning. Here is all I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 cup Special K, 1 cup soy milk, caffeine-free diet soda

Lunch: 1 12 ounce can Amy's low fat minestrone soup, water

Dinner: 6 ounces roast beef, 3 tablespoons salty aus jus, half a dinner plate of salad with 2 tablespoons lite raspberry walnut dressing, half a cup of corn (maize), 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes made with butter and sour cream, one small slice of pumpkin pie

During the dinner, everyone commented on how salty the aus jus was. I assured the hostess it tasted very good! I hold out some hope that my .8 pound gain is mostly water retained with all that salt, and that tomorrow it will pass with the salt. Time will tell!