172.8 Lost 1.6 Pounds in One Day

I lost 1.6 pounds yesterday, and now I weigh 172.8. I walked my mile. Here is what I ate:
Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk, black unsweetened coffee
The December 5 and 6 chocolates from my Advent calendar
1 cup raw carrots, 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip, Diet Coke
1 salmon patty, 1 cup steamed broccoli, black cherry seltzer water

 Edited Later to Add:

I am now done with my diet and am maintaining my new weight of 145. In all, I lost 95 pounds!

Here are before and after photos. On the left you see me and my husband on the 4th of July in 2011. On the right here we are Easter 2012. On the left, I weighed 220 or so. On the right I weigh 148 or so.

In all, it took me 10 months to lose those 95 pounds. I dieted for two weeks and then took two weeks just keeping the weight off and giving my body a chance to get out of survival mode.

It took me 10 years to gain the weight, so getting the weight off in 10 months was not too bad at all. In addition to changing what I ate, I also had to change the amount of exercise I got every day. I previously did not move around much at all. I sat in front of the computer working all day and read or watched movies all evening. Since last May when I decided to lose those 95 pounds, I have at least walked a mile five days of every week. Some days I walk two or three miles.

I also have exercise equipment in my home -- a stair step exercise machine and a Total Gym. My strategy is to use these during the commercials whenever I watch TV.

I have found that eating prepared foods with too much sodium in them gains me more weight even than eating cookies, pie, and cake gains me. Those are my weaknesses. To avoid eating too much sodium (salt), I cook from scratch half the time now. The other half of my meals, I shop for prepared foods that are low in sodium. I have to read all the food labels, because their idea of low in sodium is not the same as mine. I have to keep my total sodium under 1,000 mg for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!