156.4 Diet Day 1 of 13

I lost .4 pounds yesterday, even eating cold cuts, cake and a roll at our church's annual meeting. We did walk the dogs two miles in the park. Here is all I ate and still lost .4 pounds:

Small bowl of Special K, blueberries and organic soy milk
Roll with two hunks of roast turkey and two small slices of cheddar cheese
Handful of baby carrots
Tablespoon of ranch dressing
Slice of red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, Scott's frosting
Salmon patty
Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

We walked about an hour after eating the cake and roll, and I'm sure that made all the difference. It was in the high 40s F and felt almost warm, compared with the freezing weather we had in December and January.

One of our dogs had a seizure yesterday and gave us quite a scare. He seems to be OK now.

I tried on the two pairs of size 10 jeans I couldn't wear before, this morning. They fit, although the one pair is still quite snug at the waist. I need to do more crunches and get a flatter tummy. My seat is slimmer than it has been in 25 years. That is usually my block to clothes fitting. My tummy was small all my youth and I never thought about it. I guess a tummy is what I get for living into my late 40s. I'll take it.

I have discovered that recliner crunches are painless! Crunches are easy and painless when I do them in the easy chair. I just read my book and make as if I am getting up every few seconds, but don't quite get up.

Here are links to days when I lost a pound or more on my diet, so that you can see what I ate and how much exercise it took on a day when I:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!