147.2 Celebrations

My old St Patrick's Day dress fits! Even with how I took the waist in. I took the sleeves in at the wrists, too. This dress was made in the late 1980s. It originally had a very loose fit. It is a size medium (8-10). I call this style "modern Victorian." This is one of my favorite dresses that I have ever worn.

I wore this dress to Lincoln Heights Community Church yesterday, and sang lead in our new band! Scott got most of it on video. They put carrots out for coffee hour, because I am always bringing them. I allowed myself one treat there.

We changed into corduroys and walked the dogs at least a mile around the neighborhood. We saw a big bear-looking dog that could easily get over its fence. It was barking at us so fiercely I was shaking in my boots.

At 3, we went to one of our sister churches, St Matthews Institutional Baptist, for a ceremony honoring their pastor of 17 years, Reverend Singleton. We were so glad we went! The message was about representation, something we had not heard before, but Biblical, and the music was rousing! It would not be possible to sleep through a service there. We have been invited to go back there next Sunday evening for a joint worship service with Valley View Baptist.

I gained a pound yesterday. My rule is one treat a day, but it was Sunday and I allowed myself four. They sure tasted good! I will have to lose that pound today. Here is everything I ate:

Small bowl of Special K and vanilla soy milk
Baked chicken, onion and carrots
Chocolate chip cookie brownie, 20 almonds and raw carrots at coffee hour
Small piece of cake after the pastoral anniversary
Eggs scrambled in bacon grease with mushrooms and red bell pepper
2 slices of bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!