147.2 Oven Fried Trout

We bought this trout, but soon Scott will be going out fishing and bringing home fresh fish. He has to cut the fish up for me. I still haven't figured out how to cut fish without mangling it.

To oven fry fish, I just:

Preheat the oven to 400.
Melt some butter in a custard dish in the microwave, 12 seconds.
Pour the melted butter into a cake pan.
Rinse the cut fish and leave it moist.
Put the moist cut fish in a bag with some fish fry.
Shake the bag until the fish is coated in fish fry.
Wet the coated fish in the melted butter on both sides.
Lay the coated, buttered fish in the cake pan.
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

I've been using packaged Cajun fish fry made by McCormick and by Louisiana Fish Fry Products. Reading the ingredients, it would be easy to make my own fish fry. It is just corn meal or flour or even bread crumbs mixed up with whatever spices you like. These Cajun fish fries are spiced with red pepper, black pepper, celery seed, paprika, garlic, and onion.

I oven fry fish instead of frying it in a pan because it is easier. I can get our drinks and set the table while the fish is cooking.

If I had eaten only oven fried fish yesterday, then I would not have gained a pound that I have to lose today. As you can see, I went to town yesterday on my eating! I did walk to church, and I took another walk in the sun with the dog later. Oh well, today will just have to be a diet day. Here is what all I ate yesterday:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
2 maple bars at church
Oven fried trout and steamed vegetables
Half a cauliflower crust pizza with sauteed mushrooms, black olives and fried sausage
Custard cup of canned pineapple sprinkled with a tablespoon of chocolate Nesquick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!