144.4 I Don't Stock Up on Fattening Foods

I am still .6 pounds under my goal weight of 145 - 149.9. I gained .6 pounds yesterday, because I was 1.2 pounds under weight and my clothes were starting to fall off! After buying a whole new wardrobe every month for 10 months, I am so ready to be a size 8 the rest of my life! So, I do what I need to do to weigh145 - 149.9. Right now, that means gaining a little weight.

I took the bus home from work yesterday, but walked about a mile all together. Here is what I ate and gained .6 pounds on purpose:

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
2 pieces of toasted Earthgrains 100% Whole Wheat bread
2 tablespoons Skippy Superchunk peanut butter
2 teaspoons Smucker's strawberry preserves
Small banana dipped in 1 tablespoon Hershey's Special Dark chocolate syrup
Hamburger on a bun with American cheese and BBQ sauce, steamed broccoli
Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk

There are much more "fun" things I could have eaten to gain .6 pounds. I am not saying I won't eat those fun things, but part of my lifestyle change from fat person to thin person is: I no longer stock up on fattening foods. I don't keep them in the house. If I don't have ice cream, cookies, or potato chips on hand, then I generally don't even think about eating them. 

Fattening foods like mashed potatoes and gravy are called "comfort foods." They remind us of how our mothers love us, I guess. Once I decided to lose 90 pounds and was committed to the weight loss, the biggest hurdle was knowing what is fattening and what is healthy. I'm serious. Everyone knows that ice cream is fattening, but most people don't know that potatoes and pasta are fattening. I no longer buy them.

When I was losing weight, I stayed away from anything with flour in it, including whole wheat bread. Most especially this included not only cookies, but crackers. Five Ritz crackers have the same amount of calories as a small banana!

Fruit is my snack and dessert of choice now, and vegetables are my only side dishes. I garnish my fruit with a tablespoon of chocolate syrup or peanut butter. That works well for me. It satisfies my sweet tooth. I don't feel the need to drown my vegetables in butter or cheese. They taste great plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!