145 Maid Marion Shirt


This is what I wore to Palm Sunday church yesterday. The cross is pewter from the Renaissance Pleasure Faire in Novato, 1988. I hadn't worn it since then. Now that I am no longer fat, I wear my jewelry again. The shirt I got Saturday at the Salvation Army Thrift Store, for $1. I call it my Maid Marion shirt. It is exactly my style: pretty and groovy with a hark back to the historical. It's velvet! I would love it more if it were burgundy colored, but that is about the only way I could improve on it.

I gained half a pound yesterday and am back exactly at my goal of 145. Part of keeping the weight off is accepting I will gain weight some days, so I have to always be prepared to lose that weight the next day. We walked the dogs 2 miles: to the post office and back, mailing Easter cards.

I just reviewed another book. This one is on weight loss: "Weight Loss for Wimps: Lose Your Belly Fat, Look Younger and Get Healthy, Sexy and Thin," by Kevin C. Myers.

This is different from most diet books in that it seeks to break down your mental excuses for not losing the weight. It helps you decide to become thin and to stick to that decision. It follows my own personal inner journey pretty closely. I think if I were still back there, undecided, this book would have helped me. If you are (or someone you love is) at that stage where you are just starting to think about getting thin but you have not yet committed to it, this book might help:



Here is everything I ate yesterday (and gained half a pound but it's OK because I was half a pound under goal):

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
Small bowl of strawberries and organic soy milk
Maple bar and custard filled maple bar at church
Half a slice of Costco combo pizza
Leftover baked chicken, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and onion
Small bowl of kettle corn from The Popcorn Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!