145.2 Keeping the Weight Off

I lost 1.2 pounds yesterday and am now back at my goal weight, or close enough.

I have no idea how this picture of my "second breakfast" of strawberries and Hershey's Special Dark chocolate syrup came out so cool! They were in a very ordinary looking white plastic seal-able container. In fact, just before I shot the photo I considered putting them in a more attractive dish. I am so glad I didn't! They were on a white metal counter. My camera was set on automatic, and yes it flashed.

I walked my dog around the park for half an hour yesterday. The park restrooms are open for summer, and there are twice as many picnic tables in the park. I didn't check the water fountain, but I bet it is on once again, too.

Here is everything I ate yesterday and lost 1.2 pounds along with walking 30 minutes:

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
Small bowl of strawberries with a tablespoon of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate syrup
One strip of bacon
Three eggs fried in bacon grease with sauteed onion, mushroom and red bell pepper
Baked chicken, onion, carrots, Brussels sprouts and broccoli
Small bowl of cheddar cheese popcorn from The Popcorn Factory

The Book My Diet Is Based On

My diet, including my strategies for keeping the weight off, is based on Dr Tarnower's book, The Complete Scarsdale Medical Diet.

In all honesty, if that 1.2 pounds had been fat, then eating all this would not have lost it. I lost 1.2 pounds of water weight (bloating) yesterday. I had gained it because I ate too much sodium the day before, in canned chili and in a fast food meal from Qdoba. Over the course of the year I have been watching what I eat, I have learned that almost everything I don't cook from scratch has too much sodium in it. If I go nuts on the sodium one day, all I have to do is cook from scratch without salt the next day and voila! I lose whatever I gained the day before. All that is part of my strategy for keeping the weight off.

Today, I am keeping the weight off and maintaining my weight loss. Check out this page if you want to use my blog to lose weight. I lost 90 pounds in ten months, and I went from a size 20 to a size 8. If you know someone else who needs to lose weight, then please email them a link to this blog. It might save their life. I know losing those extra 90 pounds saved my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!