148.8 Sugar Hangover

I don't know if she coined the phrase, "sugar hangover," but I first read it in Jennifer AlLee's novel, The Mother Road. I also know that right now, I am suffering from a sugar hangover. I have a headache and I am slightly nauseous.

See that huge cake box behind me in this picture? I have no one to blame but myself, but my husband ordered a half sheet birthday cake to bring to our tiny little Valley View Baptist Church Spokane yesterday. All of 15 people were there, and finished off about half this huge cake. So we had leftovers. I ate a lot of cake yesterday.

My sugar hangover symptoms are getting better as I eat my Special K and drink my iced coffee, both with organic soy milk.

I Googled "sugar hangover" and found these disturbing diabetes at Halloween cartoons by Megan Radford. I did not find the term  "sugar hangover" at the Mayo Clinic's website or at Web MD, so I don't think it is an official malady. There are many articles and blog entries about it, though, so it is a term in our popular culture, at least.

I'm feeling much better now, after finishing my Special K and two cups of iced coffee. I gained 1.8 pounds yesterday, but I am still within my weight loss goal of 145 to 149.9. I walked the dogs a mile plus in the park. Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
Church potluck: bowl of minestrone soup, two teriyaki meatballs, chicken wing, two pieces of birthday cake
Fuji apple with peanut butter and chocolate chips
Four more pieces of birthday cake

I won't be eating any more of that birthday cake. I'm taking it easy until I am back down to 145.
--------------------------------------------------------------


Guide to Thousands of Unlisted Job Openings in the US!

Do you know anyone who is over 40 and has a college degree, but no job? I wrote this book for them. Tell them about it, or better yet, buy them a copy. Turnover is high in these jobs, so there are almost always openings. With this guide, a substitute can do the job so well they actually like it. I do.

I hope you will at least "look inside" the high school substitute teacher's guide I wrote. The free book sample you get by "looking inside" tells you not only how to get a job as a substitute teacher, but also my qualifications to write the book: my education and detailed substitute teaching work history (since 1989).

This book is available in paperback, in Kindle mobi format at Amazon, in Nook format at Barnes and Noble, and in any other format you could possibly need through Smashwords.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we all have to splurge! It's ok! Unfortunately I suffered a huge sugar hangover on Saturday. I woke up dizzy and nauseous. The culprits? Ice cream, marshmallow cream and chocolate chips from Friday night. I'm avoiding all refined sugar until my hubby's b-day at the end of the week. Time to detox! LOL! ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes so good, refined sugar, until suddenly it just makes me sick! I also find it difficult to stop at just one taste... Thanks for the comment, Angela. It is good to know I am not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!