147.6 Size 20 to Size 8

When I look at old pictures like this, I am flabbergasted. I can still  remember being the old me in the photo on the left, not even a year ago. She didn't know she was fat! These pictures bring home just how fat she was, but inside she was living in denial of all this extra bulk she walked around in every day. She still pictured herself in her mind as that lithe woman she had been in her teens and twenties.

She avoided having her picture taken, probably subconsciously knowing that seeing herself in a picture would make her have to see all the fat she carried around. The only reason so many pictures got taken of me last summer was because we were on a drive all the way from Spokane to Niagara Falls, and I wanted proof that we had accomplished such a feat.

Little did I know that seeing myself in these photos would solidify my resolve to shed the layer of fat that was keeping me from exercising and living the healthy lifestyle I deserve. Seriously. I used to have to find a chair to sit down in after ten minutes of shopping, my ankles hurt so much. Ten minutes was just about all the walking I could do, at first. Today, I can walk briskly for an hour and not even get out of breath. While wrangling two dogs.

I walked briskly for 25 minutes yesterday during the regular teacher's preparation period. I lost .2 pounds. I am within my goal weight of 145 to 149.9 pounds. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Fuji apple with 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter and 36 dark chocolate chips
Leftover baked chicken, carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli
Beef and bean burrito with salsa
Fuji apple with 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter and 36 dark chocolate chips
Cup of corn tortilla chips
--------------------------------------------------------------


Guide to Thousands of Unlisted Job Openings in the US!

Do you know anyone who is over 40 and has a college degree, but no job? I wrote this book for them. Tell them about it, or better yet, buy them a copy. Turnover is high in these jobs, so there are almost always openings. With this guide, a substitute can do the job so well they actually like it. I do.

I hope you will at least "look inside" the high school substitute teacher's guide I wrote. The free book sample you get by "looking inside" tells you not only how to get a job as a substitute teacher, but also my qualifications to write the book: my education and detailed substitute teaching work history (since 1989).

This book is available in paperback, in Kindle mobi format at Amazon, in Nook format at Barnes and Noble, and in any other format you could possibly need through Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!