148.4 Spokane Falls and Riverfront Park


Last evening we left the dogs at home and went for a stroll around Spokane's Riverfront Park to see the waterfalls. The city was founded on the Spokane tribe's native settlement. The tribe presumably picked this site because of the waterfalls.

Up until 1973, the waterfalls were surrounded by industry: mills and power plants and railroad tracks. Spokane tore down all this industry and built Riverfront Park for the 1974 World's Fair. I question if that destruction of industry and railroad lines benefited the city financially in the long run, but Riverfront Park sure is a nice place to take a stroll.


I lost .4 pounds yesterday. I am sure the extra walk is what I have to thank. I walked my dog around the neighborhood park a mile in the morning, and then we drove to Riverfront Park and strolled around about two miles in the evening. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Special K with organic soy milk and blueberries
Hostess Fruit Pie - apple
El Monterey bean and cheese burrito with salsa
1 serving of peanut M&Ms (1/4 cup)
Sliced Gala apple candied with 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter and 36 dark chocolate chips
Handful of corn tortilla chips
Hamburger patty, tablespoon of BBQ sauce, raw baby carrots

Handful of corn tortilla chips
Sliced Gala apple candied with 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter and 36 dark chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!