149.6 Skirt, Tank, Keds and Dog


This outfit put itself together yesterday, and I love it! I wore it with Keds for the park and with strappy pumps for shopping. It was so hot that I wanted to wear a dress, but none of my dresses are cotton. This is a new viscose skirt by Cynthia Rowley and an old cotton tank by One Step Up. I'm wearing black tennis socks with the Keds. It was so hot I couldn't bear to wear hose with the pumps. I just went bare-legged.

I never would have thought to pair a formal skirt with a tank top, but the colors just clicked together and voila! I thought it was especially cute that my dog matched the outfit! I wasn't around for the 1950s, but this feels like a 1950s outfit to me, from what I have seen in pictures, old TV shows, and movies. That's why I wore my hair in a high pony tail with it.

I gained .2 pounds yesterday, but I am still within my goal weight of 145 to 149.9. For exercise, we walked the dogs in the park for a mile and we shopped at Costco, going down all the aisles. I imagine that entailed walking another mile. I also did a few minutes here and there on the stair stepper and cleaned house a bit. Shopping at Costco has its sampling perils, though! Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
2 pieces of wheat toast with 2 tablespoons peanut butter
El Monterey beef burrito with salsa
Half a pot sticker with soy sauce
A quarter of a slice of white toast with melted butter
2 bites of chicken teriyaki
Half ounce Starbucks lemon biscotti
Hamburger patty, tablespoon of BBQ sauce, raw baby carrots
10 "Food Should Taste Good" all natural multigrain tortilla chips (and boy, do they taste good!)
Cup of blueberries
1/4 cup of peanut M&Ms

2 comments:

  1. Cute summery outfit! I also love pairing a skirt/sundress with Keds! I feel pretty and sporty! lol! Keep up the great work! :) ~Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!