Deer Tracks in Snow Spokane

One of the coolest things about snow in Spokane, WA is it helps the deer tracks show up. This is the park where I walk every day. It is riddled with deer hoof prints! They have two side by side impressions, and the older deer leave long nail trails in front of the original prints. I can tell that at least three deer trekked through here together recently.

The deer pass through our park and through the vacant lot next to our rented house all year long, but most of the time their droppings are the only sign I notice. We see the actual deer sometimes, too, mostly through the windows. In spring they like to eat the dandelions out of our lawn, which they are more than welcome to!

I weighed in at 151.8 this morning, 1.9 pounds away from my goal weight range of 145 to 149.9. Sunday and Wednesday are my cheat days, though, as our church always has goodies out and those are the days we go.

I walked my mile in the snow yesterday, with Oreo. Here is what I ate and lost exactly a pound:

Special K and organic soy milk with blueberries
Leftover baked chicken, carrots and onion
Salmon patty with Robert Rothschild's Pineapple Habanero Sauce and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
1 strawberry flavored Blowpop candy

P.S. Yes, I am still off diet soda! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!