Appliances with Sad Faces

My husband picked out this rice cooker without checking to see what kind of face it had first. He looked at the machine's functions as spelled out on the packaging, compared prices, and bought the best deal. I was there, but I didn't participate as I don't eat rice. I should have.

I think the face on this rice cooker goes beyond sad into downright sickly! Look how its little tongue is sticking out of its mouth, like its dehydrated, the poor thing! It depresses me to look at it!

Do you look at the faces of appliances before you buy, or am I just nuts? Let me know in the comments section below!

I forgot to weigh in this morning, but yesterday I was at 157.4. That is .4 more than on my last post, but 2.0 less than yesterday... Yes, I still plan on getting below 150 before I get the chance to wear a swimsuit anyplace. Here in Spokane, thay won't be until July, so there's hope!

2 comments:

  1. I think there are entire groups on Flickr dedicated to seeing faces in inanimate objects.
    But yes, you may be nuts! :D
    I don't eat a lot of rice but I do use my rice cooker quite a bit. Mine came with a steamer basket and it's great for steaming chicken, shrimp, fish and veggies. Great for saving the fat calories during the weight loss phases.
    Roger Ebert wrote a book called "The Pot and How to Use It" dedicated to cooking meals in the rice cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea what that steamer plate was for! Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!