Winter Stars!



I don't know if these pictures do it justice, but tonight it looks magical out. Something about the way the light
plays off the snow on the trees. Something in the way the clouds part just enough to reveal the winter stars. Somehow the snow clings to the trees in just the right way.

I didn't dare hope the camera would capture the mood, but then I saw these pictures on my screen. Am I imagining it, or does the one with the porch light look almost like something the late great Thomas Kinkade would have painted?  I have no idea how it came out looking like a painting. I used the timer and set the camera on the windshield. I love it, though.

The top photo doesn't show the stars, though, not in this small version, so I'm glad I shot this second look. I love that the stars are visible through the clouds. It's as if they are reminding us that Winter is just passing through and Summer lurks out there, waiting for its turn.

I just had to share this with you, I found it so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!