147.0 Do you hate water? Why?


I recently heard of two respectable people who hate drinking water. These aren't kooks who live on the streets or in their parents' basements. One is a minister and the other is a teacher. The teacher is pregnant. Both admit having health problems because they got dehydrated, and yet they hate drinking water.

Huh?

We have great-tasting tap water here in Spokane Valley, too. I grew up in the greater Los Angeles area, where the tap water tastes like butter because it is so full of additives. Spokane Valley water comes from the swift-flowing Spokane River. It tastes like Heaven. If your tap water tastes chemically, then I say get a filter for it, but don't avoid drinking water!

I wasn't able to ask either of these people why they hate water. The minister said it from the pulpit. I found out the teacher hated water from a note on a gift of bottled water that some students left for her while I was substituting for her.

Do you hate water? Why? Please comment and explain, because I honestly don't get it.

I myself used to avoid drinking water because I have a small bladder and I didn't want to be running to the restroom every thirty minutes. Guess what? I used to get migraine headaches all the time. I am convinced that half my migraines were caused by dehydration. I think the other half were from being overweight. I didn't hate water, though. I just avoided it for what I thought were logical reasons.

I must have drank three gallons of water yesterday. It finally warmed up here, and Spokane has low humidity. I just have a glass of water next to me at all times, in summer, and drink it whenever I think of it. In winter, I drink maybe half that much, a gallon and a half.

I lost 2.6 pounds yesterday. I walked the dogs in the morning, a mile in the park. I shopped at TJ Maxx. Other exercise I got was random acts of housework. I can't remember what all I did. I know I vacuumed. Here is what I ate:

El Monterey beef and bean burrito with salsa
Half a can of Cattle Drive chili, red bell pepper sauteed in a pat of butter, two slices of American cheese and a cup of corn tortilla chips to eat it with
Baked chicken, carrots and red bell pepper
One Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut Peanut bar

2 comments:

  1. I would not say I hate water but it is my least favorite drink. I really just don't like to drink so I do have issues with dehydrating fast. I grew up drinking spring water and well water so I have never been very good about drinking county water. I don't care for bottled water either, it taste like the plastic to me. I do make a point to have at least one very large glass of water every day but I could not imagine even coming close to a gallon. I probably don't drink a gallon in a week! I have been working on cutting my coffee intake down so I am replacing it with hot tea. I think that is as close to drinking water as I am going to get. I do know it is not healthy and I do make the attempt to drink more but it is something I have never managed to get through. I have always heard that you should drink 8 glasses a day (8 ounce size) and for every 25 pounds you want to lose add another glass. I am sure it would help with the weight loss but I have to find something that makes me do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried water filters, Maggie? Brita and Pur both make good filters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!