150.0 Vintage Holubar Backpack Photo

I think this Holubar backpack might be older than I am. I got it at a garage sale in 1999 when I was preparing to hike Grand Canyon, so I don't really know how old it is. Holubar was rolled into The North Face in the middle of the 1980s, so this backpack is at least 30 years old.

I love the old thing! It is lightweight, sturdy, and still all-intact. It has a hard aluminum exoframe on the back, which makes it easy for me to lift and put on. It has enough external pockets, but not too many so that I lose stuff in it, like my husband's backpack. It is water proof. The interior lining is rubbing away at the bottom of the main interior cavity, but other than that the thing is intact.

I gained 1.4 pounds yesterday, but I think it is because I ate dinner so late. I was so busy writing that I didn't think of having dinner until 9 pm. I usually quit eating for the day by 6 pm. For exercise we walked 1.3 miles and we shopped at Costco. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Special K and organic soy milk
Costco samples: Philly steak sandwich, sausage, pickled mushroom
2 slices of Costco combo pizza
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms
Chili Dip
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms

Here is a video of a vintage Holubar tent with a zip hole in the floor for using a stove inside the tent and a rain fly that hovers high above the tent so that water doesn't come in because of contact with the tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!