146 Northwest Christian Thrift Store Dress

Yesterday many of you complimented me on this dress. Thank you! I got it at the Northwest Christian Thrift Store - 6607 North Maple Street Spokane, WA 99208 (509) 326-1522.  It is a huge store that benefits their schools. In addition to really nice clothes for men, women and children of all sizes, they have furniture, books, knick knacks, kitchen items, toys, electronics and pretty much everything for the home.



I don't know for sure how old this dress is, but it reminds me of dresses my mom and Jackie O wore in the 1960s. I really should have worn little white gloves with it, but I haven't had any of those since 1969. I had intended to wear my hair up in a puffy curly bun the first time I wore this dress, but the weather turned hot with no warning. I had worn a sweater to church as it was only 57 out when I left the house in the morning. It was 90 by the time we finished lunch and I thought, "Yay! A chance to wear this cool dress!"

Scott and I took this picture with a timer outside Lincoln Heights Community Church yesterday. It was an unseasonable 90 degrees out! We enjoyed church service here at LHCC in the morning, went home for lunch and changed because it was so hot, and attended a baptism at a nearby church. We went home to change into walking clothes, walked our dogs, and then went to a dinner party. What a great day! I'll show you the shorts I wore tomorrow.

We walked the dogs two miles yesterday. Here is what I ate that gained me a pound anyway:

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
Celeste supreme pizza for one
Three helpings of a delicious Italian lentil, bean, rice, cheese crock pot dish our hostess made along with
Five pieces of bread and a salad with homemade Italian dressing
Small banana sliced up and drizzled with Hershey's Special Dark chocolate syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!