Scarsdale Diet Plate Percentage Food Chart


Yesterday's drawing showed you my plate on keep-trim eating. Today's drawing shows my plate when I am on The Complete Scarsdale Medical Diet. I put "protein" instead of "meat" because it could be any source of lean protein:

Eggs
Cheese or yogurt from skim milk
Chicken or other fowl
Ham or other pork, fat trimmed
Soy products
Tofu products
Fish or shellfish
Beef or game, fat trimmed

Fruit is allowed on the diet but it is very high in sugar. Other dieters have commented in their Amazon.com reviews of Dr. Tarnower's book that they didn't lose any weight when they ate the allowed lunch of fruit salad with half a cup of cottage cheese and 3 walnuts. My experience is similar, and so I limit my fruit intake to about 10 percent of my daily intake. Also, be aware that most salad dressings are almost all sugar and fat. I only allow myself two tablespoons per day of dressings or most sauces, on the diet.

My weight: 194.8 -- I lost .2 pounds yesterday, on keep trim eating! Yay! I walked my mile yesterday. Here is what I ate and still maintained my weight, which is what I try to do during these two weeks of keep trim eating, between the two weeks I am actually on the Scarsdale Medical diet:

1 cup of Special K with 1 cup of diced strawberries and 1 cup of organic vanilla flavored soy milk and a cup of black unsweetened coffee
8 ounces of lasagna and 1 can of Diet Coke
1 El Monterey beef and bean burrito with 3 tablespoons of salsa (salsa without any sweeteners in it is very low in calories), and 20 ounces of Walmart All Natural Calorie Free Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!