Packing a Lunch

I have been packing a lunch to take to work, as part of my lifestyle change. Leftovers and a microwave at work make packing my lunch easy. I just put the leftovers in a soft cooler bag with some carrot sticks and a couple cans of Diet Coke, and I'm done.

Packing a lunch is easier on the wallet and on the scale the next day. I look in the fridge the night before, to see if I will have leftovers to pack. If I won't, then it is simple to whip up some Diet Ham Salad the night before, or plan on packing veggies and Parmesan spinach dip.

It's too easy to fall off the wagon and buy sweets, if I bring money to buy my lunch. It is also faster to just sit down and eat a packed lunch. I don't have to wait in line and I can eat in my car and listen to the radio if I need some alone time.

My weight is holding steady at 195, where I started this keep trim eating period, so I am keeping the weight off! These past few days I have been called in to substitute teach. I get more walking in when I actually leave the house to work.

I did walk my mile yesterday, in addition to the extra walking I did while working outside the home. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 cup Special K, 1 cup cut-up strawberries, 1 cup soy milk, 1 cup black unsweetened coffee

Lunch: 6 ounces of Kirkland beef lasagna, 1/2 cup raw carrot sticks, 2 cans of Diet Coke

Dinner: A naked BBQ pork burrito from Qdoba: 6 ounces pulled pork, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup corn and tomato salsa -- with 20 ounces of Walmart Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!