Weight-Loss Plateau

Same weight as yesterday: 198.8, a weight loss plateau. This stall is not for lack of effort. I went on two walks yesterday. I got the urge to be active just before lunch, so I took my dog Oreo to the park. Scott and I took our usual walk together later, but now we are going before dinner, so that it is light enough for Scott to see if there are aluminum cans in the waste bins. Here are more details on how we get paid to go on our walk!

I didn't cheat on my diet yesterday, either. Like I said, this is a weight loss plateau. I just hope I break through it and lose a few more pounds before Monday. That's when my next two-weeks of keep-trim eating starts. It would be nice to be comfortable in my skinny jeans during those two weeks.

I did a little research on what it takes to break through a weight-loss plateau. On page two of its article, the Mayo Clinic says I have to either exercise more or eat fewer calories, or I won't lose any more. I actually know from experience this is not true. I hit a plateau at 220, too. I diligently stuck to my diet and exercise, and broke through the plateau after three days. I do not think it would be healthy for me to cut my intake any more, and I have increased my physical activity, adding the ballet exercises to the daily walk.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk, three cups black unsweetened coffee

Lunch of raw baby carrots and 1/2 cup Parmesan spinach dip from Costco with 2 cans of Diet Coke

Dinner of 7 Kirkland beef meatballs microwaved and squeezed with a paper towel to remove excess fat,
2 tablespoons habanero pineapple sauce,
1 cup steamed broccoli with nothing on it and
20 ounces of calorie-free Walmart strawberry lemonade

One of you told me muscle weighs three times as much as fat, so maybe I lost some fat but gained some muscle? I am intrigued by the scale you told me about, that tells you how much of your weight is fat and how much is muscle. I don't understand how a scale would know that, though. I will just keep plugging away at my version of the Scarsdale Medical Diet, and pray for the best. I am really glad I noticed the softening of my muscles in time to start the ballet exercises. I can see the difference they are making.

[Edited on April 10, 2012: Now, I know that those meatballs are chock full of calories and should not have been eaten on the diet. I even avoid them on keep trim eating now. I also know now that a serving of Parmesan spinach dip is two tablespoons, and that half a cup of it has enough sodium to make me retain a pound of water! Live and learn. :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!