170.2 Keep Trim Day 7



Here is a picture of the Parmesan spinach dip I often have for lunch, with raw carrots. We get both at Costco. The Parmesan spinach dip is in the deli section next to the dairy refrigerator. It costs about $6 for 30 ounces. It has sort of high sodium, so now I limit a meal to one serving of this dip, which is 2 tablespoons, and then fill up on carrots.

I keep a small plastic container in the door of my refrigerator, just for packing this dip in my lunch. I also keep a small baggie in my crisper next to the larger baggie that these baby carrots come in, at Costco.

"Carrots and Parmesan spinach dip" is such an easy lunch to pack! I throw the small container of dip and the baggie of carrots in my lunch bag, top with an ice packet, throw in some bottles of water, and I'm done. My lunch is packed in less than a minute.

For the first time in my life, I went door to door Christmas caroling last night! I went with my Bible study group, which includes the elder pastor. We brought the young couple's kids along in a wagon. We handed out flyers inviting the neighbors to our Bible study and to our church for Christmas services. It was really fun and the neighbors really enjoyed it. Many of them gave us cookies. The young couple served cookies and hot apple cider when we returned to their home afterward to warm up. All those cookies did me in, hehe! Apparently the cookie diet only goes so far. I loved it, though.

I'm up 1.2 pounds to 170.2, but that is OK. This keep trim eating period's maintenance weight is 171.4. Success means finishing the keep trim period at or below 171.4. So far, so good! I walked more than 2 miles yesterday. My size 12 corduroy pants are getting loose.

Here is all I ate yesterday:

1 cup Special K, 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup soy milk, black unsweetened coffee
December 21 chocolate from my Advent calendar
4 decorated sugar Christmas cookies
(2 mile walk)
2 cups steamed broccoli with 1/3 cup grated Mexican Blend cheese melted over it, Diet Coke
4 decorated sugar Christmas cookies
1 Almond Roca Butter Crunch Cookie Bar
(Shopping at 2 big box stores)
Leftover baked chicken, onion and carrots, caffeine-free tea
2 decorated sugar Christmas cookies
(over to my friends' to get ready for carolling)
3 chocolate chip cookies
(caroling out in the freezing night for an hour)
2 cups hot apple cider and one chocolate chip cookie

No more parties until Saturday and Sunday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Today we take Scott to the orthopedist. Tomorrow I have a theater assignment for the movie "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!