152.2 Lobster Ravioli and Homemade Pesto Sauce

We finally broke out this lobster ravioli for dinner last night. I made pesto sauce and steamed veggies to go with it. Yum! It was a great dinner!

Pesto sauce is really easy to make at home. I buy dried Basil leaves in bulk at Costco for really cheap. I get a small bottle of olive oil and a small jar of wet ground garlic at the grocery store. I mix two parts olive oil to one part each of wet ground garlic and dry measure Basil. That's it!

We bought the lobster ravioli pre-made at Costco. We still have another tub in the freezer. Lobster is too rich for me, eaten on its own, but it tasted great inside pasta.

I lost .4 pounds yesterday without even trying. My activity level was high, though. I sang at church. We walked the dogs 1.3 miles.
A guy at church shared that he had been bedridden the last 5 weeks and the doctor just figured out he is diabetic. There was nothing to eat but sweets at coffee hour, so I gave the guy some of my carrot sticks and one of my Diet Cokes. It felt so good to be able to help this guy out. He commented that he had cut carrots out of his diet because he mistakenly thought they converted immediately to sugar, but then he found out it is corn that does that. I told him peas convert immediately to sugar as well, based on Dr Tarnower's book about The Scarsdale Medical Diet.

I ate all this yesterday and still lost .4 pounds on keep trim eating, without really trying:

Small bowl of Special K, blueberries and vanilla soy milk
Raw carrot sticks, 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
1 frosted soft sugar cookie at church coffee hour
6 lobster ravioli, 1 tablespoon homemade pesto, steamed Kirkland frozen stir fry veggie mix
8 Hershey's Drops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!