155.4 Snow Cookout!

Well, yesterday turned out not to be a diet day after all, but it was a terrific Valentine's Day! The kids pointed out it was snowing around the end of 5th period. Scott and I had previously decided to have a snow cookout in the park the next time it snowed, and we did!

We got the granny cart he uses for fishing and filled it with charcoal briquettes, lighter fluid, a lighter, tin foil, hot dogs, buns, ketchup, mustard, relish, plates, cups, hot tea in a thermos, napkins, spoons, sugar, and tongs. He pushed the cart through the snow and I slung our lawn chairs over my shoulder like skis -- and we walked to the park in the snow and had a cookout! Putting the fire out with snow was fun, too!

Earlier, we walked the dogs two miles in the park in the snow. I also walk around quite a bit whenever I sub.

OK, so it was Valentine's Day at a high school. The secretary had Dove chocolates out for the subs. One of the teachers had dipped pretzels in white chocolate and covered them with red sprinkles. I ate eight candied pretzels and three Dove chocolates! So good, and I still lost .2 pounds. Here is all I ate yesterday:

Small bowl of Special K, blueberries and vanilla soy milk
3 Dove dark chocolates
8 candied pretzels
raw carrot sticks with 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
hot dog on a bun with mustard and relish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!