155.6 Keep Trim Day 1 of 6



Here is a picture of the Baked chicken, onion and carrots I eat so often. It is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made:

I buy everything at Costco. I get the chicken boneless and skinless in one pound packages, 6 to a bundle. I like the breasts the best, but the thighs work just as well. I buy the big bag of baby carrots, already skinned.
I pour a bunch of baby carrots into the bottom of a covered casserole, rinse and dump the chicken on top and cover it with sliced onion. I bake it covered for an hour at 400F and voila! The chicken comes out tender and moist. The vegetables and the chicken each flavor the other. [Edited later to add: I like it even better with Brussels sprouts added in with the carrots on the bottom.]

We walked the dogs two miles in the park yesterday, in the falling snow. It didn't stick. I lost .6 pounds yesterday.

I am taking 6 keep trim days around all the Valentine's Day activities on my calendar. I am going to a ladies' luncheon today at a nursing home, through one of my churches. I am wearing two hand me down clothing items from before Mom got down to size 6: the size medium purple velour sweater and the size 10 silver linen slacks.

Here is all I ate yesterday and lost .6 pounds:

Small bowl of Special K, blueberries and soy milk
Leftover baked chicken, onion and carrots
Hamburger patty, 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce, steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!