146.2 Getting Out More

Ten years ago, Scott and I were sitting in a San Diego restaurant listening to Emily sing and to Jeff and Jer do their radio "showgram" on Star 100.7. We were having a great time, and Scott said to me, "We need to get out more often." We are hermits who spend most of our time holed up in our home watching TV or surfing the Internet. Well, ten years later we really are getting out more. Yay! It's part of the lifestyle change I knew I would have to embrace in order to remain a skinny person.

We hiked up into the Dishman Hills yesterday for the first time since fall. The way is steep, and I am a little sore this morning. I'd say we hiked about a mile and a half total, half of that up and down hill. All the ice up there has melted and it is not even very muddy. The stream does run through the trail in places, so at times it is more like wading than hiking. The dogs and both of us loved it!

In response to an invitation that Family of Faith Community Church gave us at the Spokane St Patrick's Day parade, we went to see the "Courageous" movie there last night. Wow, if you are a dad and you have not seen that movie, go rent it. This also seems like a very family friendly and recovery friendly church, if you are looking in the Spokane area.

This is my favorite summer top that I got recently. I really like purple on me, it turns out. I wasn't going to get any more black, because I had far too much black in my old wardrobe. This Green Apple Eco Friendly Active Lifestyle top called out to me, though.

Here is everything I ate yesterday and lost 1.2 pounds -- along with hiking up and down hills:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
2 portions of Baked chicken, onion, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and carrots (YUM!)
1 lemon cookie at Family of Faith Community Church of Spokane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!