146.6 I Like the Term Highbrow, Meaning Intelligent

Can you see why I like the term 'highbrow', meaning 'intelligent'? I have one heck of a high forehead! According to the people who coined the term 'highbrow', my high forehead means I have a lot of brains in my head... I've never been a great beauty, so I have always prided myself on my brain.

People are uncomfortable when they see how high my brow is, too! They pressure me to hide it, and usually I do, by wearing bangs in my hair. Once in a while I forget to hide my huge forehead, though, such as in this photo taken yesterday while I pet my dog Oreo.

According to Wikipedia, the word highbrow was first printed in 1884, but Will Irvin made it popular in 1902. Most of the film and book sources I remember seeing this word in were from the late 1940s to the early 1950s.

I lost 2.8 pounds yesterday. For exercise, I walked my usual route of 1.3 miles and shopped at Winco Foods. Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms
El Monterey beef, bean and green chili burrito with salsa
Small hamburger patty with a tablespoon of BBQ sauce and steamed broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!