149.2 Go Outside and Play!

I truly hope today's moms tell their kids, "Go outside and play!" just like my mom told us. Summer days are too wonderful to spend indoors! Yes, we have to work, but go outside and play during your breaks! I took this picture today during my own lunch break, when I went out and played with my dogs in the park.

I got fat because I lost the habit of going outside to play. I started playing indoors on the computer instead of outside in nature. Shame on me!

Yes, I make half my living here on the computer. It is fun, and I learn a lot from surfing the Internet, and I have made hundreds of casual friends here. The computer has its place, though. It needs to be some of my day, but not all of my day. I need to get outside for an hour every day, even in the winter. God bless my husband for suggesting two years ago that we walk every day.

I gained .2 pounds yesterday, not bad at all. I walked my mile. Here is what I ate:

Special K, blueberries, and organic soy milk
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms
El Monterey beef and bean burrito with salsa
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms
Cheeseburger on a bun with BBQ sauce
Raw baby carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!