149.8 Overeating is the leading cause of overweight

Those Amberen commercials make me so mad! Telling women they cannot lose weight until they get their hormones balanced verges on psychological abuse, if you ask me. We already have enough excuses not to lose the weight:

"I don't have time."
"I work too many hours."
"I have to cook for my family, anyway, and they won't eat 'diet' food."
"None of my clothes will fit."
"I can't afford it."
"My ankles hurt too much to exercise."
"It's too hot/cold outside to go for a walk."

Our rationalization machine is already working overtime, making up excuses why we must remain overweight and losing the weight and being healthy and attractive again is simply impossible. Amberen, we do not need your help coming up with excuses to not lose the weight!

For all of you who saw my before and after photos above and followed this picture to my blog for the first time just now:

Yes. I lost 90 pounds last year.
No, I did not: take any drugs, join a gym, or spend any money other than $40 for thrift-store clothes each month. See the link "Lose Weight w My Blog" at the top of this page to see how you can follow in my footsteps.  It is completely FREE to do so!

I gained 2.6 pounds yesterday pigging out at our church picnic. That is OK, though, I will lose it over the next few days, and I am still within my weight-loss goal of 145 pounds to 149.9 pounds. I completely took Sunday off yesterday for the picnic. I only walked the dog once around the park, about half a mile compared with my usual mile. Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
Maple bar at church fellowship
Hamburger on a white bun with lettuce, mayo, and tomato slices
Cucumber salad
10 corn tortilla chips
Hot dog on a bun with baked beans and sliced tomato
1 Red Vine
5 sandwich cookies
Frosted cinnamon roll with nuts on top
2 slices of Costco combo pizza
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms

No, this is not how I eat every day. This was the most indulgent day I have spent food-wise in months. But the church picnic only comes once a year. I find I can indulge on holidays, birthdays, and other special days so long as I lose what I gained in the next few days. In the words of the doctor who inspired my diet:

"I weigh myself every morning, to see how much I can cheat (on my diet)."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, i am one of those who keeps finding excuses not to lose weight. It is hard to lose weight during midlife, your metabolism slows down a lot, so you have to work a lot harder, but is not impossible. I agree Amberen is probably another diet pill. : )
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it being hard to lose weigh during midlife! I am 49!

    Patty,

    If I can do it, then you can, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!