147.6 Substitute Teaching Is Like Being a Grandma

I am so blessed to have work that I love! I fell in with some students yesterday as I was walking to the bus stop after school. They were complaining about some of their teachers. I raised my eyebrows and good-naturedly warned them I was a substitute and that I could hear them. "Oh, substitutes are nice!" they said. "Yeah," I said, "We can afford to be nice. Substitute teaching is kind of like being a grandma. We spoil you and give you back to your regular teacher."

These were high school students, and they laughed and agreed with me. I explained that I have been a regular teacher, and it is not easy. I told them I much prefer being a substitute.

I saw this T shirt at Wal-mart this morning while I was shopping for Scott's birthday card. It reminded me of that conversation I had with those students yesterday, and made me smile. In case you don't know the reference, it is a play on a commercial for Las Vegas, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

I forgot to weigh in yesterday, but I have lost .2 pounds since Sunday. I am at my goal of 145 to 149.9. Yay!

I walked a mile to bus stops yesterday, and I walked the dogs a mile around the neighborhood. I wore shorts and soaked up some of the sun we had yesterday.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
2 small bananas
Handful of raw baby carrots and 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
1/4 a Costco combo pizza
Small green apple with peanut butter and chocolate chips


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!