145.0 Muscle Definition in My Calf and My Forearm

I'm teaching sewing, walking, and single survival classes in this dress today. It was 93 F here in Spokane yesterday, and a dress is really my only option for something cool enough to walk outside in for 45 minutes. Shorts would be too unprofessional for all day, and I don't want to change there.

See the muscle definition in my calf and my forearm! Wow. What a difference a year makes. When I sit in the car with my knees up high in front of me, my thigh muscles are defined as well. It's too bad I waited to be almost 50 before getting into shape, but better late than never, eh?

I got paid yesterday to sit and watch the Zeffirelli "Romeo and Juliet" movie over and over. I adore the costuming and set design. I love my job! During the tomb scene at the end I told the students there is a school of thought which says "Romeo and Juliet" is not a great romantic story, but a farce about how stupid teenagers can be. They had already read the play, of course, and so they knew Juliet wasn't really dead and that Romeo was being too emo. I won most of these high school freshmen over to this school of thought.

The only thing I don't like about this picture is you can see the little bit of extra skin I still have under my chin. I still hold out hope that this will recede after a few more months of keeping the weight off.

I walked a mile in the park yesterday. I also shopped for about 20 minutes. Here is what I ate and maintained my weight perfectly at 145.0:

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
Fuji apple grown here in Washington State
Handful of raw baby carrots and 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
McDonald's cheeseburger and small strawberry shake
Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
Cup of popcorn

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for keeping it off! That's the hardest part for me! ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela!

    Keeping the weight off is the hardest part for most of us, I think. Thanks for the kudos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!