145.2 Sauteed Onions Favorite Meals

My favorite meals start with sauteed onions:
Low Carb Fajitas,
Veggie Scrambled Eggs,
Fried Potatoes Sausage and Onion
Patty Melt 

Nothing compares with the sweet taste of carmelized fried onions! I heat up the fat, add the onions, and then turn the heat down to low and cook the onions for at least an hour, until they are clear.

The few times I have tried to hurry up and fry the onions quickly on medium or high heat, they have turned dark white and inedible. The onions in this photo have been simmering for 20 minutes. They are just starting to turn clear.

After the onions turn clear, I like to turn up the heat and brown them. Some people prefer them clear.

Anymore, I don't eat vegetable oil if I can help it. I stick to animal fats: grease and butter. I saute my onions for fajitas in butter, for scrambled eggs in bacon grease, and for fried potatoes in sausage grease.

I walked both dogs a mile in the park yesterday, and I was on my feet most of the day, substitute teaching. One of the classes was PE, and we played kickball. I was first base. I dodged the ball quite a bit!

I lost 2.2 pounds yesterday, along with physical activity. Here is what I ate:

Small bean and cheese burrito with salsa
Leftover baked chicken, onion, carrots and Brussels sprouts
One small piece of leftover taco pizza from Wonderland Golf and Games
One Fuji apple cut into 12 slices with 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 24 chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!