Keep Trim Day 9 of 14

My weight went up by .6 pounds yesterday, to 194.6. I drank a bunch of water not long before I got on the scale this morning, though, so I am not too worried about it. I am on day 9 of 14 days of keep trim eating, before I go back on the Scarsdale Medical Diet.

I walked 2/3 of a mile yesterday, instead of my full mile. On instict, I took my dog out for a walk on my own, just before lunch. Usually, Scott and I walk together just before dinner. Sure enough, come the usual time for our walk, Scott wanted to skip for the day. I was glad I had already been out on a walk. I was making hamburgers and Scott wanted to make them on the grill, so he had a fire to tend to.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 cup Special K, 1 cup cut-up strawberries, 1 cup soy milk, 1 cup black unsweetened coffee

Lunch: 1 beef and bean burrito from a bag that comes in the frozen food section at Costco, 3 tablespoons of salsa, 2 cans of Diet Coke

Dinner: Cheeseburger grilled on the barbeque, bun,  1 tablespoon barbeque sauce, 1 cup of cooked carrot sticks, 2 corn chips, 20 ounces of Walmart Sparkling Pink Lemonade

We didn't barbeque at all this summer. It was too hot, who wanted a fire? We often grill in the fall when the weather gets cooler and it feels nice to huddle around the barbeque. Grilled meat is very lean because all the fat drips down into the fire. It is as healthy as broiled meat, without the dirty broiler pan to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!